Do you enjoy local history? Or love working outdoors? Or do you love working with social media?
There are loads of great opportunities to be involved with PowerWorks.
Meet new people, learn new skills, and have fun!
PowerWorks Energy Education Centre is dedicated to the power industry with educational and interactive displays
PowerWorks welcomes volunteers of all ages and skills to assist in the operation of PowerWorks, tours, maintaining and enhancing the PowerWorks operation. Volunteers are needed in the below areas: –
- Tour Guides
- Media – Newsletter, Facebook etc.
- Historical Cataloguing assets on display and in storage, as donated
- General maintenance, Infrastructure maintenance, Construction, Painting etc.
- Display development with the aim to keep the displays “fresh”
- Garden maintenance, general grounds keeping around outdoor displays and garden design
- Help with events
You choose! If your skills are not listed above, please contact us anyway.
PowerWorks opens to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays each month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm for tours.
PowerWorks can also takes bookings for tour groups, at other times and days, by appointments. PowerWorks also accepts booking for hiring of our facilities.
Our maintenance team works on Thursdays between 9:00am and 12:00noon, usually followed by lunch and a chat. Maintenance volunteers can be involved at other times by pre-arrangement according to availability.
Community members interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact PowerWorks for further information: Mob. 0417 377 645
Mailing Address: PO Box 3246, Gippsland Mail Centre 3841 (Ridge Road, Morwell. 3841)